Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Upgraded to BBM 7.0 and LOST all my open chats. Any ideas?

Hi everybody!  Hi Dr. Nick!

You can never go wrong with a good Simpson's reference...

I'm a sucker for updating everything when asked.  When my Blackberry Torch 9800 asked me if I wanted to upgrade to the new BBM 7.0 in early December I thought, hey why not?  After about a couple of hours and a reboot it was installed but when I opened up BBM all of my open chats (I never end a chat, does anybody?) vanished and I don't have a history of anything from anybody prior to December.  I know people have reported that they have lost all of their contacts when they upgraded - I'm the complete opposite. I have all my bbm contacts but I lost all of my chat history.  Some pretty important stuff to me.  Any idea how to get this back or just a simple reason as to why???  Save chat history has never been changed from "never".  Anybody in the same boat as me?

Help me Dr. Zaius!  <--- Simpsons reference #2

Elite II
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Upgraded to BBM 7.0 and LOST all my open chats. Any ideas?

Hi TJD2012,

Check the below Kb article on saving chat history -

• KB18406 BlackBerry Messenger conversations are lost following an application load process of a BlackBerry smartphone

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Upgraded to BBM 7.0 and LOST all my open chats. Any ideas?

Well that explains it.  This happened after an application load.  You still haven't told me why this happens Blackberry?  Why?  Thanks for looking into this Tanzim - much appreciated.