09-09-2008 06:53 PM
Hi, I have downloaded an updated device software v188.8.131.52 after finding the link in another thread.
In my DM when I click about and then look in the device software tab it is showing there as v184.108.40.206 Platform 220.127.116.11, so I have installed it all correctly.
My question is, how do I install certain applications from this new updated OS onto my phone?
I found another thread that has steps to do this but I cannot seem to get it to work.
Whenever I click on the application loader the only things in the list are what I have manually downloaded i.e. google map, nav4all.
Should I not see a list off apps like blackberry maps, messenger etc?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-09-2008 07:09 PM
09-10-2008 06:30 AM
- Download software update
- Run and install the newly downloaded program.
-Do not mark the option to open Desktop Manager when finalizing the install.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml
- Connect BlackBerry to USB
- Open Desktop Manager
You should be prompted for the update at this point. (If not select Application Loader) and you'll get the prompt for the update.
Note: Before performing an OS update it's a good idea to back up your BlackBerry just in case something goes wrong.
Thanks, all sorted now.
I have updated the os on the phone to:-
v18.104.22.168 (Platform 22.214.171.124)
seemingly so far with no issues what so ever.
As part of the update process it did say that BlackBerry Maps would be installed, well I can see it in the options but there is no icon so this makes it impossible to launch the app, worth trying anyway, maybe a fix will come later.
09-23-2008 07:59 AM
09-23-2008 09:05 AM
Hi, I am not particularly technical. I have had my BB for 3-4 weeks now and have had the following problem:-
1) Initially, the BB kept locking up for no reason. I had to remove the battery all the time to unlock it as switching it on and off wouldn't work
2) The battery only lasts approx 15 hours
3) 3G is unreliable. I was advised to switch to 2G. Why? Though this Blackbery was the best
4) I lose all my email history after a day or 2. Any ideas how to rectify this?
5) Cannot play WAV files on Youtube or any other site
It is good for picking up your emails as soon as they come through. I have 2 - 1 personal and 1 business so it is great for that.