Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: backberry curve 9300
My Carrier: t-mobile
Accepted Solution

Urgenntt

I have a question!i bought a fone from craigslist and its unlocked. i just wanted to know do all blackberrys have the smame pin even if u use anther account and unlock it???nd if so can  change my pin!!!please help

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Urgenntt

Hiya!
Your PIN is unique to the device, it cannot be changed at all.
It is similar to your IMEI number in the sense that it identifies the phone on the network, similar to your SSN.

Cheers!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor

so even if i created my own bbm i still have the pin of ther person that had the fone before me??

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes that is correct.
However if the device was wiped and the BBM list was deleted, it would have deleted its PIN from others contact lists too.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor

okay thanxx so i do have a different pin from the person before.okay good thanx again