Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone Portugal

Urgent Help with Sync Options

Hi everyone,

I need to save my BB contacts in my computer (something I've done before usinhg a Yahoo account) but now when I open the Desktop Software I only have 2 sync options for my contacts: Outlook or Windows Contacts.

I don't want to use either!

Is there any way that I could get the Desktop Sofware to give me the other options? Why has it changed?

I'm giving my phone to a relative and I really need to save my contcts list!

Please help!

Thank you!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Urgent Help with Sync Options

Hello,

It depends on the version of the Desktop Software you are using...refer:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

An alternative would be to export to CSV:

• KB24488 How to export contacts from a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6

You can find alternate versions of the Desktop Software here:

MissTangerine wrote:

I'm giving my phone to a relative and I really need to save my contcts list!

Please also be sure that you conduct all of the SELLER steps in this KB before you deliver the device to anyone else:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone Portugal

Re: Urgent Help with Sync Options

Thanks for your reply, I'll give it a try and see how it works out!