Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: storm 2
My Carrier: digi prepaid

Urgent!! Please help myBB

Hai..

Blackberry Forum members.

Im new in this forum but i have a problem with my BlackBerry Storm now.

I am from kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

I have been using BlackBerry Storm for nearly two months now.

So , just now,  my BB battery was running off, i immediately charged using wall plug charger.

But, after that  I on back, wait for loading then suddenly it show:

Block read: Flash read failed and etc... then come out RESET

like having problem my BB want to upload all the data..

It appear at my BB screen. Signal light always turn red n i have to charged it again and against...

what is the problem ?? help me

I can't contact any service centre that i can ask about my problem,so please provide me with your best answer . Very please , i am really lost.

Anyone knows where in Malaysia has any service centre that i can refer to ?

Thank you very much .

Much Appreciate it . if someone can help me. Cause im in urgent situation..

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Urgent!! Please help myBB

All you have to do is update your phone... go to http://uk.blackberry.com/services/devices/#tab_tab_update and go on from there but make sure you do not disconnect your blackberry whilst its updating hope this can be of help

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Urgent!! Please help myBB

[ Edited ]

I had a very similar problem.  My BlackBerry went hot, froze in function, and did similar to what you are describing.  The end result was a useless external memory card and a working Storm2.

The problem has never happened again, and I did update my device to the latest Storm2 OS 5.0.713

The rules that I follow now are:

1. Often run Memory Cleaner that is built into BlackBerry OS ... found in Options > Security Options > Advanced Security Options > Memory Cleaning ... there is a Show Icon on Home Screen Option... I put this to Yes... the Status Option I have as Enabled... and the other options are marked No.

2.  Know your Storm2 memory bubbles.  With 102MB free.. Storm2 runs extremely quickly, with 92MB free.. Storm2 runs fine... with 82MB free.. Storm2 runs a tad sluggish.  Try not to go below 80MB free to prevent problems.

You can see this through the Options > Memory or in App World when you run it and go to My World in App World... in the upper right side.

3.  Don't be afraid of deleting pay-for-apps installed by your phone company that you don't need and won't use.

4.  Get a memory monitor like Brio Memory Guard in App World.  You want a memory program that is 99K or less.

... also... when you plug the phone into your computer... there are two memories that become like drives... one that is near 2GB in the phone, and the other that is the external memory card... which could be as high as 16GB.  When putting things from the computer onto your Storm2, such as podcasts, put them into the external memory card.

Oh right... getting your phone to work again... if your phone is plugged in, unplug it, pull the battery case, pull the battery out, then pull out the memory card on the lower right side, then put back the battery, close the case... and your phone should work.

-- Care and Feeding of your Storm2 by Brian Durham ~lol