Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9520
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Urgent Sos ~ Having done a handheld wipe now seeing core application required message

Ok the scenario is this. I have a storm 1 (that is not being used other than having a Pay As You Go sim card in it )  that I am giving away. Before doing so I have done  a handheld wipe by going to advanced option > security options > wipe etc to bring the handset  back to the factory settings (or so I thought) . Prior to this wipe I had v5 OS on the device but I was missing the browser and email set up configuration settings. So to get this right I decided to downgrade the OS to v4.7 and then reinstall the v 5 but on downgrading I am now seeing on DM the message that the BB Core Applications for v4.7 is required. But the Core Application Component is not highlighted for me to download. So I then try to download the v5 and receive an error message saying that I need to be an active blackberry user to get this upgrade. This is not a message I have seen before and when I  'x' out of it I am still able to get to the download screen and it looks like I am getting the download thru the DM but then at the end of the process get the same Core Applications Required Message.

So after all that babble the question is how do I get this device back to the state that it was in when I first bought it. As something has obviously gone disastrously wrong somewhere and I can't seem to fix it.

And one other question what would happen if I deleted everything that is said to be installed on the BB thru the DM so that I could do a clean re- install. Is that feasible?

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Urgent Sos ~ Having done a handheld wipe now seeing core application required message

J_Klass, you did it the correct way. Wiping the device will remove the service books from the device which enabled the internet browser and emails setup. When a new user/owner registers the device on their service provider, they will gain the email setup icon and internet browser.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Re: Urgent Sos ~ Having done a handheld wipe now seeing core application required message

Thank You so much J Saunders,  that does make some sense to me. However is there a reason why I am getting the core applications required message. Is it safe for me to give this handset away in its current state?

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Nothing to worry about, that message, it just means there's another update to the OS you could make, but you don't need to do so. No biggie.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor

Ahhhh thank you so much again. You have been a great help Smiley Happy