Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Urgent help needed

[ Edited ]

I bought a faulty Blackberry Curve 8520 from ebay about 2 months ago for £60 to fix it and sell it on/use. In that time I have replaces the case, the screen and the screen cover successfully. 

The problem it initially had was a crack on the screen (which is why I bought it, easy to repair) but as I tried to turn it on, the red blinker flashes and just a white blank screen appeared (with no clock, as I've seen on many threads on here). I've charged it overnight so the battery life is no problem at the moment.

I've tried soft resetting and hard resetting, I've gone through this route:

> typing this into start   c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe

>choosing what applications to install, but they are already on it

At the moment it is checking the device for updates but has been stuck on that screen for about 20 minutes.

Please could somebody either explain or give a solution to this problem,

Thanks.

Connor

EDITED:

I managed to actually get somewhere with the updating, the device made a noise (maybe connection/out of battery I'm not sure) 

But now I and prompted with this screen (image attatched)

If you can't read the writing, it says:  "An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please  verify your internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists."

blackberry#.jpg

Whenever I click retry it pops up again.

Suggestions?