Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Etisalat

Urgent help with backup - Error 523

I'm facing a fatal problem with my Bold 9700.

I'm getting the "App Error 523" message each time i reboot my phone ..

I know that i should wipe it/reinstall the OS ..

HOWEVER ..

I dont have a backup =( All the addresses are saved in this phone ( the numbers of my friends from 8 years ago till now ) + my BBM contacts ..

I cant connect my phone to the Desktop Manager because when the white screen appears it disconnect ..

I start the phone and when it's loaded it work for few seconds, sometimes I manage to write the password and sometimes not ( it's also slow/freeze ) and usually or in most cases i get an error message that says "uncaught exception 8>=8" and after that i get the App Error 523

Is there a solution? is there any 3rd party software that can extract/backup the files from my BB while i'm facing this problem?

Please its urgent .. there are a lot of information Smiley Sad

More information:

Device: Bold 9700

the appliciations installed are only MSN, Facebook, BBM and App world + the games that come with the phone ..

All what i need now is a backup ( Adresses - BBM contacts - if possible, memos )

Hope to find a solution ..

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Urgent help with backup - Error 523

Please boot your handheld in safe mode and check whether its boot properly or not

Procedure: KB17877

New Contributor

I tried but didnt work Smiley Sad
The device loaded and i saw "safe Mode" but for few seconds and then I got the App error 523 ..

sometimes I reboot it and when it loads the phone vibrates ( i receive some BBM messages ) however, after few seconds it gives me the same error 523 ..

what I want now is only the backup Smiley Sad because i'm planning to buy a new BB .. but the data in this device is extremly important .. almost my life ..
New Contributor

no answer till now Smiley Sad?

I used BBSAK to get the event log ..

guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time: Fri Nov 09 22:15:04 2012  severity:0 type:2 appSmiley Frustratedystem data:VM:+BORK
guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time: Fri Nov 09 22:15:05 2012  severity:0 type:2 appSmiley Frustratedystem data:App Error 523
guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time: Fri Nov 09 22:15:05 2012  severity:0 type:2 appSmiley Frustratedystem dataSmiley Frustratedystem process died
guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time: Fri Nov 09 23:15:48 2012  severity:0 type:2 appSmiley Frustratedystem data:JVM:INFOp=21a58810,a='5.0.0.321',o='5.1.0.90',h=4001507

is it the VM:+Bork causing the problem? what is a actually? 

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your WinXP PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

On Win7, you may need to use this line:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm"

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Additional information:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24395 "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Article ID: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144
KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code