Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Use your smartphone as a remote control

I folloed the instruction given in the manual (below). I have the BB (9800 and 9700) both are not showing "Remote control" when I follow the steps as given below. your help is appreciated.

As per the manuual:

Remote control

Use your smartphone as a remote control
With BlackBerry Bridge, you can use your smartphone as a wireless mouse and keyboard for your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. Watch movies, surf the Internet, or present a slideshow on your tablet’s screen or a connected HDMI display, such as a TV, projector, or computer monitor.1.
On your smartphone, click the BlackBerry Bridge app.2.
Verify that your tablet is connected. If necessary, connect your tablet and smartphone.3.
Click Use Remote Control.
To disconnect the remote control, press the key a few times and click Disconnect.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Use your smartphone as a remote control

There is an option in Bridge to enable Remote Control. Did you enable that? Also, this only works with the Playbook. You have a Playbook?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks, yes, I have a PlayBook.  I will try.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Open the Bridge app.

Check the box under Remote Control to "Show on Home Screen."

Bridge your devices.

Open the Remote Control application.

Voila!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I am sorry, I could find that option.

Guru II

couldn't find what option?

Open the Bridge application on the BlackBerry Smartphone, not the Playbook. You will see the options for Remote Control there.

New Contributor

Thank you very much for your help. However, I could not find the  options for Remote Control there. I tried with both both BB smart phones (Torch and Bold).

Highlighted
Guru II

Find the Bridge App on your BlackBerry Smartphone. Click on the Bridge icon. The settings are in there. That's about all that is in the Bridge app icon. Remote control settings and Playbook pairing options.