Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: BSNL

Using BB curve 8520 to visit Web pages On PC having OS Window8

Hi!
Is there any body who could tell me how I can visit web pages on my laptop having OS window8 with the help of my Black Berry Curve 8520? I have already installed BB Desktop Manager version 5.0.1.Whenever I try to connect it always displays "specific port block".My carrier is Reliance GSM.
Thanks in advance for help,
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Using BB curve 8520 to visit Web pages On PC having OS Window8

Are you wanting to use your 8520 as the Internet connection for you laptop? If so, you may have to purchase what is called a "Tethering plan" from your carrier, Reliance GSM, for your BlackBerry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: BSNL

Reliance doesn't have any plan such as ' tethering plan".
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

No plan and they have the port blocked. Sounds like no tethering for you with this provider.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!