Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry torch 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Using BBM after connecting through wifi?

[ Edited ]

Hi Mr. Sanders,

I am using a Blackberry torch 8900 with Airtel, India. Its been a month i have been using my BBM with dataplan, however, my dataplan subscription expired a day back and i am unwilling to renew it.

I would really appreciate if you can help me connect to BBM without subscribing to dataplan again. I have a wifi connection and i am always connected to it.

Blackberry Torch - 8900

OS- 6.0

Current Service Status:

Blackberry Internet Services: Not Connected

Blackberry Enterprise Server: Not Connected.

Mobile Network:

Data Services: ON

While Roaming: ON

I would also like to bring it to your notice that, i have tried reading your previous replies on the same but it din work for me. I turning off the the mobile network however the BBM still won't work via wifi. I have tried turning off the data services, yet no luck.

My Blackberry Pin - 231DCBD1

I understand my blackberry Pin is not required however, i would love to connect with you, if you wish.

Looking ahead to your reply.

regards,

Kashish

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

Blackberry Internet Services: Not Connected

Blackberry Enterprise Server: Not Connected.

The above shows no BlackBerry dataplan is on the device

no BlackBerry dataplan means no BBM and a generic dataplan will not use RIMs servers for BBM, no way around it sorry.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I am able to use Browser via Wifi. I cannot use twitter, google maps and other necessary applications without dataplan. So is there no way around to allow twitter or google maps or even BBM to work via wifi? 

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

kashishv wrote:

I am able to use Browser via Wifi. I cannot use twitter, google maps and other necessary applications without dataplan. So is there no way around to allow twitter or google maps or even BBM to work via wifi? NO, there is not.

Thanks

Those apps require a BlackBerry dataplan. There is no way to make it work for free.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kashishv wrote:

Hi Mr. Sanders,

I am using a Blackberry torch 8900 with Airtel, India. Its been a month i have been using my BBM with dataplan, however, my dataplan subscription expired a day back and i am unwilling to renew it.

I would really appreciate if you can help me connect to BBM without subscribing to dataplan again. I have a wifi connection and i am always connected to it.

No BlackBerry data plan = BBMessenger.

Not gas in the fuel tank = car won't run.

Sorry, gotta have the data plan, as has been explained to you in this thread already.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Perfectly alright guys. Someone rumors said its possible to use it via wifi. But never the less, you guys are genius. Thanks for the time and help. i ll have my dataplan activated Smiley Very Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

hey,, my sim is inside d mob only... But still bbm is not working through wifi.. Can you help me please??

farishmaraikayar wrote:
hey,, my sim is inside d mob only... But still bbm is not working through wifi.. Can you help me please??

"inside d mob only"... what does that mean?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Sorry, i meant i have inserted my sim into the blackberry torch 9800... but i dont have any blackberry data plan.. When i connect my mobile to wifi, i can browse internet but applications are not running through wifi.. Please help!!

Oh, you will very definitely need a BlackBerry Data plan on your SIM card account to use BBMessenger.

Knowledge Base Updates