Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Using Bold on T-Mobile Need Help

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

I just have a simple question. A customer sent me this email. I am 99% confident that this is not the case and his IT people are wrong. I am just looking for validation or otherwise. If I am correct a wipe would clean the phone out of all information and start the phone as if it was brand new out of the box?

Preface: He is a T-Mobile customer using an AT&T Bold.  

His email was as follows:

"You will recall that this device will not allow Word To Go to work.  Nor does it have various save options for attachments.  The firewall "Enable" is locked.  

THE DEVICE WAS SUPPLIED TO ME WITH "IT SETTINGS".  

Why and how can those be removed?  Perhaps this device was a used one rather than new.  Perhaps when you unlocked this device, the technician knowingly or unthinkingly loaded IT SETTINGS.  You suggested that I wipe the device clean and that would resolve the issue.

I am told by my techs. that is simply not the case.

Your prompt response is required. "Send in for repairs" is not an option that I will consider.  If you do not have an immediate fix that I can implement - remember that I am not an engineer and I do not want my IT people spending their time on my BB - you need to send me a new (NEW) BOLD without any absurd issues.   I will have my IT people transfer all the data from the device I have, wipe that clean and return it to you.

Supply return facilities along with the new device.

By the way, the browser on the device you sent me was also non-functional." 

Thanks.  

Message Edited by shawn0412 on 12-06-2008 03:31 PM
New Developer

Re: Using Bold on T-Mobile Need Help

I guess it depends on the type of wipe preformed. If you use the utilty included with the Blakcberry JDE to wipe it, then reload a fresh OS on it, it will remove that stuff. (At least that worked for me on the 8100 anyway).
New Developer

New Contributor

Are you sure that those instructions in the link will also work for the bold since it is a 9xxx device? 
New Developer

Nope. Use at your own risk ;-)
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

If you want to remove the IT Policy on your device follow these steps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remove-i-t-policy-blackberry-569/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the link. I just want to confirm that these directions will work for the Bold even though it has a different OS than the old 8xxx generation.