Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Storm

Using Enterprise Server at work and Desktop Manager at home?

I have my Blackberry Storm configured primarily to work with my employers enterprise server.  I also have my personal gmail programed on the phone (this is programmed to my phone so it would not need to download any mail from my home computer).  I would like to install Desktop Manager on my home computer to manager media, etic. but I do not want my personal home outlook and contacts to synch with the phone when I plug it into my computer (I only want the calendar, contacts, etc., that the enterprise server synchs to my phone to be on it).  I want to make sure if I plug the phone into my home computer that it wont affect my BES programming.  Can anyone tell me of any problems this may create or if its even possible?
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Using Enterprise Server at work and Desktop Manager at home?

Yes you can do this. When you install the Desktop Manager at home, just install with the "personal email setup" option. Doing so will not interfere with the BES setup. Also if you go into the Synchronize options in the Desktop Manager you just have to make sure the 4 databases are not checked (Address Book, Calendar, Memopad, Tasks).
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Using Enterprise Server at work and Desktop Manager at home?

Keep in mind that the BES you are a member will have pushed down an IT policy to you device. The IT policy will apply when you are using Desktop Manager. This could affect such things as access to memory, mass storage options, media management, etc. If you experience problems or lack of features check with you BES Admin to see if the IT policy is blocking expected features.