Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: Swisscom

Using Spotify app through Bluetooth interface

Hi, I have a brand new Blackberry9790 smartphone, but I've been a faithful BB user for years. I've just installed Spotify and have been trying to operate it through the bluetooth interface of my car (a Mercedes B class 2012). Unfortunately, while the car can talk easily with the BB's media player, including see the list of songs, pause, play, etc, I don't manage to make it also control Spotify.

I can operate manually spotify and hear the songs coming out the car's audio system, but only while the BB player is playing a song, so I have to listen to two songs simultaneously. Not the best experience. 

I tried turning off the player, putting in on stop, pause, etc. but nothing worked. I didn't try uninstalling the player, though. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A

Highlighted
My Device: BB Bold 9790
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Using Spotify app through Bluetooth interface

I've got the exact same issue in my Mercedes CLA 2014, would love to hear a solution for this

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Using Spotify app through Bluetooth interface

I have the same problem with a Z10 connected to a VW Golf 7.

I installed the Android version of Spotify successfully on my Z10. It works perfectly using headphones on the Z10.

But connected via Bluetooth Audio to the cars sound system (Discover Pro)  I can hear the Spotify output in the car speakers only when the Blackberry Music Player is playing any audio file (this player starts automatically when I select Bluetooth Audio as source on the car sound system). As soon as I stop the Music player or close it the Spotify output falls silent too while Spotify keeps playing.

So I can hear both sounds or nothing in my car. Thats very disappointing. (On an Android smartphone this usecase is no problem.)

Is there no real solution available? Or is the only solution to play a very long MP3 file with silence only as long as I like to hear music from Spotify???