Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Using email and browser

I've researched and read about my problem, even tried contacting my carrier over the phone for help and still no luck.

I bought this Curve on e-bay and wiped it clean already.  I added all my contacts too.  I can't set up MY email on it and also have no browser icon showing.  I know where e-mail set up is and it only gives me the Blackberry Enterprise server option and skipping this step.  It doesn't allow me to set up a new one.  I've read about sending service books and those steps and that didn't work.  I even went and registered and set up my e-mail setting on the Blackberry for Verizon web page that I found a link for.  STILL no luck!  I read somewhere about desktop manager and changing the registry, which is probably the problem (at least for the e-mail) - not sure about browser.  But I don't know what that means - is that something on my computer or PHONE?

I hope someone can please help me, I am usually pretty computer-literate and a phone junkie but I've never had problems like this.  Thanks so much!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Using email and browser

first thing : contract a Blackberry account at your carrier.
then they will give your the webpage to configure your BIS account.

since it's second hand device, you may have trouble because the PIN is already registered. If that happens, you have to contact the previous owner and have it released by their old carrier.

desktop manager comes far after these first steps.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Using email and browser

Thank you for your answer.  I ended up having to go to Verizon and they had some difficulties but after a couple of employees and an hour and a half later it was ready to go.  They had to call network support because yes . . . that pin was registered somewhere on the system.  Thanks for your help.