Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8520

Using my Blackberry Curve 8520 as a Dongle/modem

Hiya. 

I have unlimited internet on my Blackberry 8520 and have been told by Orange (my provider) that i can use my phone as a dongle for my laptop but i cannot for the life of me work out how to do it. 

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hannah

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Using my Blackberry Curve 8520 as a Dongle/modem

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Hopefully this KB has some helpful information for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: MTN uganda

Hi Hannah,

Have you been successful?

Kindly share with me th procedures because am geting frustrated. How can someone have a smartphone and cannot use for a dongle??

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

serv_kan wrote:

Hi Hannah,

Have you been successful?

Kindly share with me th procedures because am geting frustrated. How can someone have a smartphone and cannot use for a dongle??

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please carefully read what is linked in my post above. The use is not necessarily universal, and depends on several things, including your mobile service provider allowing you to use such a function -- not all data plans allow such use, but only your carrier can tell you if yours does allow for it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................