Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile usa

Using the AutoText Feature: An easy way to generate Digital Signatures

One feature I find particularly useful is "AutoText".

Using this, you can assign a keystroke combination to effectively generate a word, phrase or sentence while typing messages on your blackberry.

This is a great tool, particularly for multiple digital signatures across several email addresses, text messages and also to use with apps like Facebook and Twitter.

To access the "AutoText" feature, begin a new email or text message, hit the "Menu" button and select "Edit AutoText".

A list of all the stored abbreviations is displayed.

Simply begin typing the set of keystrokes you want to associate with your digital signature (or any other word/ phrase/ sentence etc.) and you will see the current abbreviations associated with those keys.

Type in a unique set of keys you want to associate with a series of words and hit the "return" or "enter" key.

A new screen with the following display will appear:

"Replace:

With:

Using: SmartCase

Language: All Locales"

In the "Replace:" section, key in your own abbreviation and the associated word or words in the "With:" area.

Pick the options from the "Using:" and "Language:" drop down menus and you're done!!

Hit the "Back" key and select "Save" from the dialog box which appears.

Now, use the keystroke you just created while typing messages and see how much easier this wonderful feature makes your life!!

Trust this tip is valuable to you all. I'm not the best writer in the world so if anything here is not clear, please ask and I will clarify to the best of my ability.

:-)

Best.

G

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Using the AutoText Feature: An easy way to generate Digital Signatures

Thanks for your write up. Indeed autotext is great way to simplify your signature or commonly used templates for SMS or emails.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit