Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Using the storm with ATT or tmobile

I uploaded the service books and everything is on the main screen now, thanks!...so far is working...
Developer
My Device: Tour 9630 on AT&T

robvaccaro4 wrote:
I uploaded the service books and everything is on the main screen now, thanks!...so far is working...

Is your MMS working? I've tried everything I've found in the forums but for the love of god I still can't get it working. Not really that important to me, just challenging I guess.
"....A smart man will realize that he knows nothing and has everything to learn....."
New Contributor

Helo how are you doing?? I just bought a unlock bbs and i cant seem to download at&ts service book can you please help me out please. I have been without internet for a while on my phone thanks peter 

i bought the storm off of a previous owner who had it on tmobile, and when i go to setup my email from the setup wizard it takes me to this login page saying "existing users login" and i cant log in, how do i just delete any previous email configurations so that when i click on email setup it takes me to the "add" or "create" buttons screen? and if i reboot it will it lock back up to verizon? 

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

An unlocked Storm does work on ATT and TMo in the US, see the full instructions here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/180267-unlocked-storm-t-t-mobil...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

mikealicev wrote:

i bought the storm off of a previous owner who had it on tmobile, and when i go to setup my email from the setup wizard it takes me to this login page saying "existing users login" and i cant log in, how do i just delete any previous email configurations so that when i click on email setup it takes me to the "add" or "create" buttons screen? and if i reboot it will it lock back up to verizon? 

delete the service books at Options > Advanced > Service Books.

add your own BIS account from your carrier and create your own email account.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you for your help but when I download AT&T file my windows cant open it do you have name of program i need to use

The ATT service books in that link are in a compressed ZIP file. Use any unzip program to decompress it.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pkware.com%2Fdownload-sof...

Is that what you are asking?

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: blackberry storm 9530
My Carrier: ATT

You are wrong.  I just bought an unlocked verizon blackberry storm 9530 from China and it works on my att account and network 2g GSM network other than the internet configuration which I am working on now as well as the ringer volume which is muted.  My text works fine and I can make and receive calls just fine.  I think I just need to fine tune the settings.  Beware that with this purchase, the "data" cable was the cord for charging only via USB computer connection and did NOT work for sending or receiving data like the amazon order designated so I had to buy another USB cable which did work with the thicker cable as I suspected and this really DID irritate me after paying for 2 day shipping which was expensive only to get my phone but not be able to set it up until I ordered and received the actual USB data cable which was just wrong since it was supposed to come with it. 

We came, we saw, we conquered!!!