Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Using your Blackberry to receive a fax

I'm a Realtor who comes across many Agents that still use the old fax. Does anyone out there know of an app that can enable your Blackberry to be connected to a fax machine and then to receive a fax transmission? Since I don't have a land line, I want to find out the Blackberry's ability to handle a fax before I buy one.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Using your Blackberry to receive a fax

One thing I learned while looking into a portable fax is that you cannot transmit fax data through cellphone carriers.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Using your Blackberry to receive a fax

there is an alternative way. You can buy a fax2email service. There are some provider. You subscribe to a fax number, and give it to people. When then send you a fax, the fax service gets it, processes it into an image (PDF or TIFF) and then it can be either sent to you byemail in realtime, or downloaded by you after logging to your account.

there are also other fax services that allow you to do the opposite : give them a document (word, PDF...), and they will send it to the fax number.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: