Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Q5 SQR100-2
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

V7 Desktop Calendar Sync

There does not appear to be a way to set relative dates for syncing as in Desktop V6. i.e. I want to set sync all items 7 days prior to today, and 60 days into the future. The filters only allow specific dates, so I would have to continually change the dates in the filters to achieve what Desktop V6 did automatically.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: V7 Desktop Calendar Sync

Agreed

I don't have any suggestions, only wanted to reinforce that this is a problem for me as well. I have different preferences for the date range, would like the ability to specify a date range. Even a set of pre-fixed options would be better into the past, or into the future would be better. Thanks for raising this issue.

I hope RIM respondes.

I'm disappointed that RIM does not ask users to review a readme.txt file BEFORE asking end users if they want to update the desktop software. Changing the sync mechanism is a huge change.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Same here, I'm adding my name to the list of users that need to specify a date range.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930 (v7.1.0.267, Platform 5.1.0.230)
My Carrier: Sprint

I agree with you.  My problem was that I could find no way to configure even with a set date. 

Contributor

I agree.  Before changing a major part of the whole reason for the Desktop software, we should have been warned.  I will never do an automatic update again.  I'll give it a couple of months to percolate, after reviewing complaints in these forums.

Contributor
My Device: Q5 SQR100-2
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

I have actually downgraded back to V6 Desktop Software again just to have the date range sync feature again.

Contributor

I have reinstalled v6.1, but I can't get back to where I was.  After reinstalling, I connect the Bold.  Then I get the Initializing device message FOR OVER SIX HOURS!

Not sure where to go from here,

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

I am now being asked to delete 913 calendar items from my computer !  Does anyone have a link to v6.1 as the link on the the blackberry page to "previous versions" just takes you to v7 Grrr

Contributor

I am not totally sure of this, but I believe that different carriers may have different builds of 6.1.  I know that on one of the forums on problems with the latest version has a link to 6.1 that is a differnt build than the one that I have for Sprint.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850; PlayBook 16 OS 2.0

Me too. This one is killing me. What a drag.