Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

VCast Video now on Storm.

VZW Launches V Cast Video 5.0

V CAST Videos 5.0 launching on BlackBerry Storm! Updated: 8/19/2009 1:48:07 PM(ET)
V CAST Videos 5.0 is launching on the BlackBerry Storm effective Aug. 20. V CAST Videos 5.0 expands the existing V CAST Videos consumer product - adding selective key functionality as well as improving the overall user experience.

Features:
V CAST Video 5.0 features available on the BlackBerry Storm include:

o Video Quality - Improved quality through great device capability
o Search Function - Search bar now available on home screen
o Home Page - Updated to establish V CAST Videos as dynamic, entertaining and interesting experience
o Promoted Content - Customers can access promoted content via the home screen

Requirements:

o Must be a post-pay subscriber
o V CAST capable device, including BlackBerry Storm
o V CAST Videos may be purchased as a standalone product rather than a part of the VPAK for customers with an unlimited data plan.

For latest devices, go to: New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless > Features and Downloads > Tools and Applications > Browse > All Tools & Apps

Note: New devices to be added at a later date - Keep Checking!
Note: Currently, V CAST 5.0 is only available on the LG Voyager VX10000, VX10000 Titanium, and the BlackBerry Storm.
Regular Contributor

Re: VCast Video now on Storm.

and to download this fab app if it is not pushed to the phone directly...............

http://start.vzw.com from you blackberry 

socialberry.gif

Contributor

Figured I'd just bump this just to make sure everyone sees it. 

I subscribed yesterday, the app is amazing.  Full episodes of tons of shows.  Tons of content, all in Digital TV quality in full screen.  Zero pixelation or distortion.  Makes Sprint TV, YouTube and internet streaming seem very poor quality.

Works flawlessly on my Storm, app comes in installed at about 1.5MB and so fare has had no memory leak and behaves very well.

Trusted Contributor

Zero pixelation?

How are you acheiving that? I've viewed at least 5 different videos and each are pretty bad on my phone Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Contributor

Are you in a 3G data area?  I was watching Heroes in perfect quality about 30 minutes ago...  Same with NCIS and CSI...

It will have pixelation if your network is slow, IE bad reception, low bars, etc.

I have full bars on EVDO and have no issues..

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Could You Post a Direct Link

I could Not Find it 

Trusted Contributor

thanks mrspock; your insight was very helpful I will have to look at my bars to see if they are full blast; if not then thats why I am getting distortions; I never even thought about that.

Then I will have to find out if my area is running the highest level of data (or what not)

Again thank you, I"ll let you know

Trusted Contributor

anyone notice any "battery issues" with VCast?

After downloading the application/installing/running I then charged up my cell phone; it was 100% and by 100% I mean I didnt see the lightning bolt over the battery anymore.  I watched different vid clips but less than 3minutes total; I exited the program by hitting the blackberry menu key and going down to close.  I made sure it wasnt running in the background, this was around 1am.

I set my alarm and woke up at 6am and seen my battery was down to 80%, I'm like "Ok I'll deal with that", I left it off to the side on my nightstand and went to work ( I chose NOT to take the cell with me)

Came back 4.5hrs later and seen my battery meter was 25% remaining, I then again made sure nothing was running in the background and nothing was short of standard defaults (home/sms/browser/phone). I then did a battery pull plugged back in and went back to work, 4hrs later it stayed the same when I left it ~15%

I never had it drain from 100% to 25% in 10hrs max and the only alteration I made was installing and watching some vid clips via VCast