Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

VERY SLOW, LAGS & FREEZES!!

Just got the phone I like it but it is very slow! is BB coming out with a software update or something to fix this soon?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: VERY SLOW, LAGS & FREEZES!!

How long did you wait for everything to sync/update after?

I dont see any slowness on it compared to a 9700 that I was using before.

The Browser is a heck uv a lot fasterer now.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

yes, please be specific.

New Contributor

I waited however long it takes to update/sync until it says its done.. not sure I understand the question.. anyways, browsing through the phone is choppy. i.e. like switching through application oppening a text takes a long time I have to hit the screen several time for an action to take place like make a call or open a contact, etc. trying to exit out of an app I'll have to hit the back/exit button several times for it to repond...if it happened less I wouldnt mind but it happens more than 50% of the time im using it.

I love the phone and would be very happy if I didnt have these issues, but Ive had BB bold 9000, 9700 and iphone and they worked a lot quicker scrolling was smooth never chopped up...I hope BB will come with a software update or somehthing or maybe I just got one that as a bug or something...idk. I would appreciate any help.

New Contributor

Random freezeups when the phone is doing tasks that aren't cpu heavy (opening bbms and such)

I'm sure the OS will be more optimized over time.

Trusted Contributor

well i am not experiencing any of that by far.  maybe you possibly have a bum phone or a rogue process hogging up your resources.

bbemmer wrote:

I waited however long it takes to update/sync until it says its done.. not sure I understand the question.. anyways, browsing through the phone is choppy. i.e. like switching through application oppening a text takes a long time I have to hit the screen several time for an action to take place like make a call or open a contact, etc. trying to exit out of an app I'll have to hit the back/exit button several times for it to repond...if it happened less I wouldnt mind but it happens more than 50% of the time im using it.

I love the phone and would be very happy if I didnt have these issues, but Ive had BB bold 9000, 9700 and iphone and they worked a lot quicker scrolling was smooth never chopped up...I hope BB will come with a software update or somehthing or maybe I just got one that as a bug or something...idk. I would appreciate any help.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have noticed that during data intensive tasks (Viigo update), it will slow a lil bit

Other than that, I dont see the lag. maybe you are clicking on an icon too much and opening it up twice but relly canceling it and opening it up.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

I was addicted to Viigo on my previous berries, but with the Torch's native social feed, you tube, and weather apps, as well as the free podcast app available in app world, there's no need for it in OS 6.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm also experiencing this. I have made sure to close every application that could be closed on the phone, and I have seen that opening things like the options, or trying to hit the end button the exit messages is very slow. Also just trying to open an application like test messages takes forever sometimes. Not all the time, but it's very sporadic. My BB Bold 9700 was super fast all the time. I'm a little frustrated with this lag all the time. I even did a battery pull to try and fix it, but that didn't do anything. How often do they do updates for this kind of thing? Does anyone think I have a bad phone, and I should make ATT replace it? The only other thing I can think of is the fact that I have like 2gb worth of music and pics on my memory card. That is the only other thing I can think of. Otherwise I can't see a reason why it should have so much lag.

New Contributor

It's not a bad phone, people here are probably too fanboy to complain about it..every torch review has stated this as well and it happens to me as well..again a 624mhz processor should be able to run a browser, bbm, and messing apps with zero freezeups...regardless that freezeup is usually only for a second, its quite annoying and should NOT happen.