Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: VERY SLOW, LAGS & FREEZES!!

mine will hang whenever it is choking on an app.  it even bogs on browser applets.  it just doesn't do it often, and i can only assume someone is working on the apps issue(s).

New Contributor

Exactly, but it shouldn't choke that easily; the processor is more than capable of handling just about every app...it is an issue that should be fixed.

Trusted Contributor

i agree.

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Mine locks up regularly - I find it is MUCH worse when I have WiFi turned on and when it is receiving mail - forget about it. The touch screen regularly locks for as long as 20 seconds. Sounds like a major patch to version 6 is needed, but I have seen nothing on the RIM site.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I see lots of complaints of lag but no info on what is on the device for apps.

Did you start fresh or use device switcher in DTM to upgrade?

Are all your apps supported on OS6?

How much media is on your media card?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I just got the phone yesterday there are no apps no media on the card its fresh right out the box when ever you switch from bbm to text or try to go to the home screen there is always a 3-5 sec lag  the browser they said was supposed to b the the same if not faster then the iphone thats not the case with my torch its the same if not slower then the 9700 when its on WIFi its very fast but full 3g connection not fast at all. there are no apps to slow down the phone or to make lag just what came on the phone

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800

I have the same problem, everytime i open my calendar, i loggs, 3 to 5 sec. also, when i charge it, it gets very hot, so hot, i can hardly hold it, i use inteprice email and calendar, i dont know if that is the reason, some time when i open my calendar, also show the appointmes on diferent time am and pm mix back and forth, i have to exit and go back in and them it goes back to normal. it happens about 6 time a day. can anyone tell me why?

other tham that, i love the phone

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800

I have nothing on my, just emails and calendar, i have the same problem, only using the calendar

New Contributor
My Device: Torch

My touch screen is barely useable.

Maybe it is because of the privacy screen that I brought from AT&T, but didn't want to rip it off yet since it cost 20$

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Torch has real issues.  Did not want to believe that the under powered processor (older processor from previous models) would be an issue but I suspect that it is the root of all problems related to locking up.  My Torch locks up for at least 10 seconds everytime I unlock itWaiting for a device to respond is not an acceptable process for me.  It should work as fast or faster than me. That is absolutely intolerable.  I find it hard to believe that RIM would develop a new product with a new operating system to compete with all other choices and use an old processor. Its going back for a refund.  When BB gets it right, let me know.

BTW, I have shut down as many apps as possible as not to stress the processor and no difference.

RL

Man Mad