Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: VERY SLOW, LAGS & FREEZES!!

bbleaks.com has a lot of info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Unlike for my Bold, it used to take my Torch at least 30 seconds to completely exit Messages and return to the Home screen after I deleted all or some messages from the Messages app! 

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

Well no thanks to att but had to go to bbleaks.com to get the update to software the phone so deperately needed. so far it runs great. like it is supposed to.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

6.0.0.225 runs nice, I hear it will be released as an officail OS soon from some one carrier

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Mine freezes when I delete my messages using 'delete prior'.  Sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds to get it to respond again.  I've also had issues when it just freezes when I'm trying to open my email or an app. I'm hoping this will be fixed in the next software update.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800; OS 6

My Torch works fine EXCEPT for the calendar, which is driving me nuts!  It takes forever to open the calendar.  Then I have to wait again, till I'm able to scroll to a date, then wait again till my new entry or deletion is acknowledged.  I've been trying a memory booster, but it doesn't appear to be helping much.

I had the same calendar issues on my first Torch, which lasted 3 weeks.  I finally exchanged it when deletions froze the phone and required a battery pull every time.

Obviously, I'm not the only one having this problem if it happened on 2 Torchs, right out of the box - no additional apps. 

Can you hear me RIM???? 

Guru III
My Device:

If it happened on 2 devices, more likely there is a calendar entry that is affecting it.

What files size is you calendar in your mail client?

How many entries do you have?

My Device: Not Specified

Very disappointed how slow the Torch is on 3rd part apps.. Especially Documents to Go excel, takes 3 times longer to calculate, process, save and open when compared to my curve 8900...  Slow web browsing.. after spending $500, you'd expect to get something worthwhile... 2 thumbs down..

Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

What OS are you on?I have seen a great improvement on 246. In a new message type MYVER and a space after to see what you are on.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320, Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

I've seen this issue on my Torch as well.

I've installed .225 and removed all 3rd party software but it made no difference, unlocking the phone or reading/exiting messages causes 5-30 second freezes.  I don't see a clock on the screen or any indication the system is working it all, its completely frozen.  I don't think this is a CPU issue, its clearly a programming error.  There is no lag or slowdown, just a complete total freeze.

This phone is turning out to be slower than my 8320 was for reading/responding to messages!    And with it requiring a password lock if you don't use a holster because of the useless unlock button (another software problem), its a real pain to use as my daily driver Smiley Sad