Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

VM-605 doesn't come through the radio

This is my first post although I have found several solutions to problems here in the past.  My issue is my vm-605 will not broadcast through my radio when on a call.  I have made sure I am on the correct frequency, and even changed the frequency but I cannot get the phone conversations to come through the radio, it will only come through the vm-605.  Thanks in advance for your help with this issue.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: VM-605 doesn't come through the radio

Does music play through the car speaker, syncing through the VM605?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I have not tried that because I don't have any music loaded on to my Blackberry.  Would the Sprint Radio sync to the vm-605?

It should, but make this easy on yourself.

Load a MP3 song to your BlackBerry. Then test and get the music working. I know I had to do this first, so that I actually had something to test.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
dar
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry VM-605 to LG P-935
My Carrier: Telus

Newbie here... I hit the fm button thing and it told me to go to 105 something on my radio...  I do not use that station .. can I change it to my radio station?  and if I can will it automatically turn the sound from the radio to the call when I answer a call... or do I have to set up a new radio station and do something to get on that station when a call comes in?

Nope, it doesn't work that way.

You use the VM605 to play YOUR music through, streaming from your BlackBerry through the VM605.

You find a dead air signal, one with little or no bleedover music from any nearby station.

In the future, please learn to create your own thread when you have your own personal issue to discuss... even if your issue might be "similar" the originally posted. yours is not the same, and posting in a existing thread like this just clutters the original posters thread.
The "New Message" link is at the top left of each forum section page.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I now have the vm-605 working.  I had to change the frequency several times to find a free channel to synch the 605.  The first several channels had strong broadcast signals.  Thanks for the help!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad you kept up with it to get get it working.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V