Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

VOIP For Blackberry

[ Edited ]

Hi, is there any way that I can use VOIP through my Blackberry Bold ?

mosala

Message Edited by mosala on 05-31-2009 07:29 AM
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: VOIP For Blackberry

Sorry, no right now
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Visitor

it's not voip.... but pretty cheap. might want to check out truphone. go to the website, sign up if you like it, then install the app on your bold. i use to call canada @ 5cents/min. only problem is that you will always use your regular minutes when making these calls.

Yes, I just saw a demo of a new VoIP application for BlackBerry from a company Agito Networks that came out this week and it supports the Bold, Curve 8900, 8800 and Curve 8300.

The info on it is here:  www.agitonetworks.com/blackberry

It connects your phone using SIP through the WLAN back to your office phone system/PBX.

It sounds pretty slick as it lets you even stay on a call when you leave WiFi area by moving the call over to cellular voice.

Wzq
Visitor

Its not obvious what Agito Network does from their marketing material.

Anyone knows for sure what they do? Do they have a "pure" SIP VoIP client that actually signal and carries both SIP signalling *AND* voip data over UDP/RTP/IP over either WiFi or 3G??

And if it is true, then how can they do it, is there new capabilities in the Java platform for handling simultaneous read/write, duplex VoIP sound with echo cancelling, jitter buffers etc, etc. Or have they have some exclusive agrement with RIM allowing them access to resources not available to others. Or is their solution some crappy push-to-talk simplex solution. Or, finally, is it just just a marketing thingie and what they really do is signalling over IP with different cirquit switched voice call-backs and/or call-thorugh methods?

/Wzq

New Contributor

Yes, I just saw a demo of a new a voip application for BlackBerry from a
company Agito Networks that came out this week and it supports the
Bold, Curve 8900, 8800 and Curve 8300.

Agito
Networks press release said their RoamAnywhere product brings VoIP for Wi-Fi and Unified Communications to the Blackberry.  Anyone tried it yet?

Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it.
---Syrus

VOIP For Blackberry

Hi,

I am a Blackberry Bold user. I am located currently in Dubai and would like to ask wether:

1. I could use any of the Voip services in my phone like Skype, Freecall or Vbuzzer

2. Having a g-talk in my phone which cannot be logged in .The message showing as 'Data Services Unavailable' which i shud get from my service provider or you???

Kindly reply at the earliest

Regards,

Sunil Mohamed

Dubai-UAE

New Contributor

What about Skoot ? (which I can't have working on my BBB)

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: China Unicom

[ Edited ]

Similar to Truphone is MO-Call; it works as an application on your BlackBerry that initiates callbacks, so if you still can't find a VoIP solution you could go that route for circumventing roaming rates when traveling. Unlike Truphone, MO-Call callbacks can be initiated with an SMS so it's a fixed cost at the beginning of your call.

Hope that helps in finding ways to get around expensive international calling rates!

Developer
My Device: 9000 9810

Now it's possible.

See VoIP engine thread

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"