Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

VZW 8830 email doesnt work with hotmail?

Hi there, I'm new to the Blackberry thing. Only have had my 8830 for a couple days but love it!! Only one problem. I have a hotmail email account and I cant go into web browsing and get logged into hotmail to check my emails. The guy from the verizon store told me i should be able to have my email forwarded to my Blackberry.net email account if i went into my hotmail account and had it forwarded to the blackberry email. Well that doesnt work, hotmail wont let me forward it there. I absolutely hate the thought of changing my email address that i have had for 15 + years so i can check it through my Blackberry, any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: VZW 8830 email doesnt work with hotmail?

Use the setup wizard on the BlackBerry. Select Email Setup and choose I want to create or add an email address. When the website opens choose to add an email account. Follow the prompts.
Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Re: VZW 8830 email doesnt work with hotmail?

I too am a new user and are having problems here.  The "E-Mail Settings" application for my hotmail account appeared to complete successfully and an e-mail icon got created on the screen.  I can send messages from my 8830 through the hotmail account but I do not receive any messages. 

I was able to get to the hotmail web site by starting up the browser application and then changing the browser configuration option of "Emulation Mode" to "MS Pocket IE"