Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Validate / Set up email problems

First, calm down and STOP SCREAMING!

Next, at least try to participate in the process...I asked you some questions, and the answers to those may well guide me to helping you. But, lacking those answers, I can't give you any advice.

So, do you want to participate?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Bge
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790 and Pearl 9100
My Carrier: O2 Germany and GB

Hi, I have the same problem from time to time.

I have 2 private accounts (gmail, gmx, all always working fine) and 1 office account; no BES, just a normal email server. All accounts can usually be easily set-up via the BB set up process.

But suddenly for no apparent reason the office account does not work anymore.

On the email account set up page: "Invalid account. Please verify"

When trying to send a mail: "General failure".

BB note: "Your BB device cannot access bla@bla.com. The password might have changed (...not true...). To continue using bla@bla.com on your BB device, you must validate bla@bla.com by verifying the password."

Doing this doesn't help much, although the promising note comes up: "Your password has been successfully validated".

When I should receive a mail, BB is asking me again to validate my password. I done the whole game already 10times + the typical stuff like changing battery, turning on/off, checking with our IT and the providers "Gurus" (I 'm on O2 GB and Germany), even changing sim cards and phones (Bold/Pearl)... no success.

This failure happens twice last year and both times after a few very annoying weeks I suddenly start to receive mails again for this specific mail account...by doing nothing...!! For me it looks like a BB server issue...

Now it happens again (between Xmas and NYE, so no IT or faulty mail server involved, as the office was closed) and I'm wondering, if there is a chance to get this solved asap without just waiting...?

One thing I have noticed this time is, that usually when to go to the mail set up menu, the device is "checking for updates" and then "connecting to email setting", this time "initializing" came up before checking and connecting and from this point this specific account didn't work anymore!?

Any help appreciated, many thanks

Bge
New Contributor

Hi

I forgot to add, that I am not BIS registered and that O2 BIS is not allowing me to register anyway, which is apparently normal for an O2 customer with a BB bold-on...

Hope that helps

Thx

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

In your first post, I don't see (unless I missed it) you completely removing that email account from your BB and re-creating the integration for it. Sometimes that is necessary. Other times, it is necessary to remove ALL email accounts and then recreate them on the BB. Further still, introducing delays (e.g., waiting an hour before re-integrating an account) can sometimes assist the process.

It is also possible that this email server has changed somehow and that it is now not quite compatible with BIS services.

Then again, the fact that this works intermittently may well indicate that something is flaky with the email server. The fact that your other accounts remain OK tells me that it is not, contrary to your deduction, a problem with the BB Services at all...if it were, then all of your email accounts would be similarly affected. Affecting just one indicates to me the problem lies at the email server somehow. You might test by, when this is happening on the BB, attempting to otherwise (e.g., PC Browser, Outlook, etc.) access that exact email account...if the problem is at the server, then it's likely that other access method will be similarly affected.

But...

Bge wrote:

I forgot to add, that I am not BIS registered and that O2 BIS is not allowing me to register anyway, which is apparently normal for an O2 customer with a BB bold-on...

That actually sounds quite odd to me...if you cannot properly register the HRT and resend the Service Books, then it would be quite abnormal to have any email services at all. Native BB Email REQUIRES an active BIS account from a carrier...there is no other way. The only times I've heard of customers with that symptom are those who are using a BB that is not natively supported by their carrier...and then the necessary tricks to conduct are much more detailed than what you have reported. So this information actually confuses rather than clarifies...

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Bge
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply

On the O2 BIS business:

I think to verify your account password you usually have 2 options.

1) via your phone following steps in the account set-up menu (I done that as it is the easiest)

2) BIS (O2 is providing such a link on their webpage. I am doing this now on the German plattform with my german sim card: As I am not an existing user (not that I am aware of) I have to create a new account. a) agreeing T and C's, b) account set-up, typing device pin and IMEI, c) result: "...cannot create account... This action cannot be performed using a browser on a computer. Use the email setup application on your BlackBerry® smartphone to create an account."..which leads me to 1), which obviously doesn't work...

On the email server:

We have some other BB user in the office. They have sometimes the same issue, but weirdly never in the same time than me. Also at times, when BB mail service doesn't work for me, that exact email account can be accessed via Outlook or Kerio and is working fine.

On the other accounts:

I have just realised, that one of my other accounts had half a day interruption of its service. I have recreated the account and it was working again.

On BB not natively (what does that mean?) supported by their carrier (provider?):

I have bought my Pearl via ebay and the Bold via an independent phone supplier incl. O2 tarif.

However on both phones and both tarifs, mail accounts are usually working fine; so nothing to complain 90% of the year...

Hope that clarifies more

?

Thanks

- I will remove all accounts and wait an hour to recreate them. See what happens...

Hall of Famer III

Bge wrote:

Thanks for the reply

On the O2 BIS business:

I think to verify your account password you usually have 2 options.

1) via your phone following steps in the account set-up menu (I done that as it is the easiest)

2) BIS (O2 is providing such a link on their webpage. I am doing this now on the German plattform with my german sim card: As I am not an existing user (not that I am aware of) I have to create a new account. a) agreeing T and C's, b) account set-up, typing device pin and IMEI, c) result: "...cannot create account... This action cannot be performed using a browser on a computer. Use the email setup application on your BlackBerry® smartphone to create an account."..which leads me to 1), which obviously doesn't work...

There is a 3rd option...from the BB Browser, going to this URL (I think it's right):

www.blackberry.com/integrate

Given your situation, it may or may not work though...

Bge wrote:

On the email server:

We have some other BB user in the office. They have sometimes the same issue, but weirdly never in the same time than me. Also at times, when BB mail service doesn't work for me, that exact email account can be accessed via Outlook or Kerio and is working fine.

Hmmm...strange indeed...impossible to diagnose though, without "back end" access to the necessary systems. Only your mail admins and your carrier have such access...

Bge wrote:

On the other accounts:

I have just realised, that one of my other accounts had half a day interruption of its service. I have recreated the account and it was working again.

Hmmm...even more strange...we shall wait and see how it goes.

Bge wrote:

On BB not natively (what does that mean?) supported by their carrier (provider?):

I have bought my Pearl via ebay and the Bold via an independent phone supplier incl. O2 tarif.

However on both phones and both tarifs, mail accounts are usually working fine; so nothing to complain 90% of the year...

Each carrier/provider (e.g., O2, Vodafone, etc.) supports only a subset of all BB devices on their network. Only those that the specific carrier supports can automatically receive all BB services from the carrier system. The HRT is the first step in activating the BB on the carrier network, followed by the delivery of the required Service Books to the BB so as to enable all of the services that the user has subscribed to. But, those two steps typically only work for those BB models that the carrier natively supports. You can check your carrier via this portal:

to see what specific models they support...if they natively support your model, then their system should automatically register your device as well as deliver the Service Books...but you can force it via these steps:

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If any step does not complete exactly as documented, then it did not work correctly, and proceeding to the next step is moot. Likewise, if your specific BB model is not listed in the above portal for your carrier, then these steps are not useful and there are much more challenging steps that must be conducted. But, from what you describe, your BB may well be working fine on your carrier 90% of the time, so this may well not be the issue at all.

Bge wrote:

- I will remove all accounts and wait an hour to recreate them. See what happens...

Yes, let us see what happens. During that hour, it may be useful to perform steps 1 and 2 from above (send the HRT and resend the Service Books...deleting of Service Books can be skipped).

Good luck!