Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Various Problems with Torch 9810

I just switched form a Torch 9800 (after having a Curve 8320) to the Torch 9810.  As requested information, my carrier is ATT; OS is 7; free memory is 2340220952 Bytes; have done a battery pull; only apps are what came with the phone, 4 ring tones, and sixtools.

I'm experiencing a number of bothersome issues with my 9810.  Please let me know if they can be resolved or they're just part of the new OS7 protocol.  If the latter, I'll just switch back to the 9800.  While none is a big deal, together they make the 9810 much less attractive than the 9800 for my uses.  Thanks much for any help you can offer.   

(1) When my phone is plugged into my computer USB, the screen with "Charge, Sync, and USB Drive" pops up constantly and is incredibly annoying.  I'm not sure why the screen exists at all -- sync is through Blackberry desktop and whether you want to charge or use as a USB device is irrelevant.  Can I eliminate this screen pop-up altogether?

(2) When I'm composing a text, the screen does not show the number of characters used, and I can't tell whether the message is longer than one page to allow me to edit back.  Can I activate somewhere the character counter for texts.

(3) Every time I hide the icon for Blackberry Protect, it shows up again on restart.  It seems like a good app, but I'm not interested unless it's free and the app seems purposely vague on that score.

(4) Sometimes when I pick up the phone, it seems to change on its own from the home screen to a different random screen.  This happens even when I'm vary careful not to touch the screen when I pick up the phone.  

(5)  I can't download NYT mobile, Google search does not darken a choice when my cursor stops over it, and I can't move some apps (e.g.., Bloomberg mobile) from the download as it doesn't give me the choice. Are these problems with the app products as they have not yet changed to accommodate OS7 and the 9810?  If so, any idea when these apps will be upgraded? 

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

Re: Various Problems with Torch 9810

Bummer, since I haven't had access to a 9810 yet, all I can help with is #3. Blackberry Protect is a free app and it is very useful. You can read about it here, https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20844?lang=en

I think that you will like this app.

Like you, I'm waiting for one of the forum gurus for the other 4 issues.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
New Contributor

GR -- Thanks much. It looks like a great app, and I appreciate the link.
Super Contributor

Your welcome, Just sorry that I was unable to cure the other issues. 

Hey, if you drive a lot, there's another great app that wil guide you from point A to B, called Balckberry traffic, https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/13110?lang=en and it's free. I use it and it puts me within 20 feet of my actual location.

Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
New Contributor

Thanks again, but I personally prefer Google Maps, another free download.
Super Contributor

jamer3651 wrote:
Thanks again, but I personally prefer Google Maps, another free download.

I'll check that app out.

New Contributor
My Device: Tourch 9810
My Carrier: MTN

My Tourch 2 9810 not ringing after upgrade to 7.0, Bundle 2406. Pls heeeeelp!!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH505), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

BhimBhim wrote:
My Tourch 2 9810 not ringing after upgrade to 7.0, Bundle 2406. Pls heeeeelp!!

Triplicate:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/TOURCH-2-9810-not-ringing-after-upgrade/m-p/...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................