Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8310

Verbal Notes While Driving

Is there a way to take verbal notes while driving?  Something easy, like make an icon from the desktop that once clicked, you can push one of the convience buttons to tape your voice notes?  Many times I remember to do things while I'm driving and would like to easily (without having to hit to many keys) record the notes when I get home.

Janice

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Verbal Notes While Driving

Check to see if your BlackBerry device has the Voice Notes Recorder application. It will exactly what your asking. To make it easy to access you can set one of the convience buttons on the side of the device to launch it. Go to Options, Screen/Keyboard, and set the right/left convenience button to Voice Notes Recorder.
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

I use Jott on a speed dial. It works great and it sends a written copy of my message to my e-mail inbox. They also have Jott for blackberry at www.jott.com/bb
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8310

I have the function on the Blackberry Curve 8319 called "Send Voice Note" but that only appears to send a voice recording as a multimedia message.  What do you mean by Voice Notes Recorder?  How can I determine that?
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JOTT Verbal Notes While Driving--

Wow, I could use some help with jott.  I can call and jott myself, but although it has the option of reply with jott on my email, I haven't been able to utilize it.  It asks me for my phone number and password everytime (contrary to NOT typing while driving don't you think!) and then when I do, it says that internet doesn't work with this app.  I do have internet so I don't understand why it isn't working.  Can anyone help