Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Tour

Verizon Visual Voicemail: Playback over Bluetooth is silent

Visual Voicemail playback works fine with the Speakerphone.

My Toyota in-car Bluetooth works fine for making and taking calls.

However, Voicemail playback does not seem to engage the Bluetooth speaker, and remains silent.

I have "Activated Bluetooth" using the menu, of course, without error.  The car shows it is connected to the phone, and shows signal strength.  The phone bluetooth indicator is showing on the home screen.

Yet, the Voicemail playback is not routed through the bluetooth speaker.  (Both incoming and outgoing calls are fine.  Calls to *VM are also fine, but that's not the idea for Visual Voicemail.)

I have not yet tried my portable bluetooth headset to see if it also fails.

Contributor
My Device: Tour

Re: Verizon Visual Voicemail: Playback over Bluetooth is silent

Am I the only one paying for Visual Voicemail?  Only one using Bluetooth?  Any info is useful...

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9950
My Carrier: Verizon

a bit of a delayed response, but i am having the exact same issue with my vzw storm2, and just confirmed with their tech support yesterday that playback via bluetooth is NOT supported.  the rep i was on the phone with asked the 4 people around him and they all were aware of this issue.  seems silly given that it's the law in california that you must use a headset while in a car!?!!?!?!?!

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

problem with my Alpine head unit, but the visual voice mail works fine with a plantronics bluetooth headset. I gave up trying to figure it out. Good luck

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Same problem with Torch9810 in my new Silverado