Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Verizon Wireless Store Promised Me Replacement Storm, Should I Wait? (Update?)

So, when I try to record a video, my entire phone freezes up.

The representative at the store said that I could come back for a replacement phone, following my back-up at home.

With the talk of an update coming out, should I wait for the upgrade?

I have until about April 6th for my 30 days to be up. Should I wait or should I just get it?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Verizon Wireless Store Promised Me Replacement Storm, Should I Wait? (Update?)

Hi!

IMHO trusting any date for a release is a good recipe for disappointment. With the other issues you have in your other posts, I guess I'd say get the replacement now and then just update the OS when it is released. Besides, if they (for example) release the update tomorrow and you get your replacement a day or two later, there's no guarantee that the one you receive will even have the updated OS.

Just my $0.02.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: Verizon Wireless Store Promised Me Replacement Storm, Should I Wait? (Update?)

Just curious, are you going to the store for a new one or are they mailing one. I ask because if they mail one, it may be a refurb. I've been through 2 already and my fiance through 3. her second one was mailed  and it didnt hav ethe blue sticker on the back and it was incredibly slow so she had to take that one back as well. I just ask because if they mail one, it may not be completely updated, so if you wait make sure you go to the store
Super Contributor

They are replacing it in the store. Thanks for the information about the refurbished phones.

My wife is gonna have to get another one also - her video does the same thing. Ugh!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

You'd might as well just replace the phones now, and if the new ones continue to have issues with the video, hold off until the official update on those ones as this is likely just a software related problem.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

Not sure if this is the fix all of fix all's for the video issue, But I had the same problem with my 9530 Verizon STORM.. (os.v4.7.0.75) All I did was reformat my device and SD card. Now all works better then good enough... Not sure why my STORM came unformatted but none the less it did and formatting it worked.. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regular Contributor

Dankees wrote:

I have until about April 6th for my 30 days to be up. Should I wait or should I just get it?

Not sure if VZW told you bad info, but you have a 1 year warranty on your phone, so even if you wait until after April 6th, you can get a replacement. If you are talking about trading it back in for a different phone model, then you only have the 30 days. I had my Storm for about 2 months before I got fed up with the constant auto reboots during the day. VZW sent me a replacement, and to my knowledge it is brand new. Not sure how to tell if it is or not, but this one seems to be working fine. 

Super Contributor

I think that you get the one year for a replacement, which could be refurbished. But within the first month, they are very lenient and you get a brand new one.
Highlighted
Visitor

As a VZW customer since 95 I know their replacement policy which is the first two replacements are refurbished and the third replacement must be new.  This applies to the first year and subsequent years that you own your BlackBerry if you pay the additional insurance.  Anyone can call 1-800-922-0204 to verify this info.