Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Verizon wireless tethering

I am a new user of the 8330 and would like some info on using the tethering option to use a laptop in the car. I cannot get the same information from any rep I talk to at Verizon. While the 8330 is hooked up to my laptop, can I still receive phone calls? I just found out that the Broadband service is only $45 instead of the $30 I pay now for just the Blackberry. And this additional service can be started and stopped anytime. So I can start it when I go on vacation and stop it when I get home and it just reverts back to $30 for just the Blackberry. Also does the Blackberry and laptop have to be connected with the USB cable or can it also use a wireless Bluetooth connection if the laptop has one?

Thanks, Lloyd

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Verizon wireless tethering

Hi there!

Here is a KB that addresses all (I think) of the technical questions you have asked:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05178

For the service questions, we must defer to your carrier.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................