Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Version 7.0.0.59 creates duplicate calendar entries

i have a Curve 9300. Since updating the desktop software to version 7 yesterday, I get duplicate calendar entries on my phone. This did NOT used to happen with the previous version. 

I have 2 email addresses set up on my phone and each has a calendar associated with it. However, it is my PC's Outlook calendar that is creating entries in BOTH the phone's calendars. I repeat, this did NOT happen with the previous version of Desktop software.

What do I do? How can I delete all these duplicates (not manually)? I have checked configuration settings and could see nothing obvious to change. This is a real pain. Thank you Blackberry. Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Version 7.0.0.59 creates duplicate calendar entries

It gets worse.....The problem is still the same. I have resorted to deleting one of the duplicated entries that the 'new improved' desktop Manager software has created on my mobile, guess what?

The item is then removed from my PC altogether! I depend on this for my business. It's a farce. I notice a lot of other people having similar problems, but no one from Blackberry seems interested.

Please please please Blackberry, help me sort this out.

However, they did send me a very useful, personal email - it read "Congratulations, davehut!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Visitor."

Wow, thanks again Blackberry.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Version 7.0.0.59 creates duplicate calendar entries

Hello,

Please understand...this site has nothing whatsoever to do with any formal support from RIM (btw..."BlackBerry" is a device, RIM is the company that makes those devices). This site is a user-to-user community of volunteers who try to help out other kind souls. Consequently, your expectation of having a reply from a RIM representative is not going to be met...since that is expressly NOT the purpose of this site.

I recommend that you clean up your data in Outlook...it will be tedious, to be sure, but the only way for you to be 100% certain it is correct is to manually do so. Then, follow this instruction set to cleanly start over:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

What I tend to do is make regular backups, inside of Outlook (to PST), of my data just in case things should go wonky. I always do this before I apply any update to the synchronization capabilities...just a conservative approach I've enlisted for myself.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................