Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Very Disappointed in new 8830

Got a new 8830 world phone and i am really disappointed in it. First off, I cannot load Documents to go on it as I can't upgrade the system software to ver 4.5. So there goes 60 % of my functionality right there. I am coming from the Palm platform, and although it wasn't perfect they did give you a certain amount of productivity software free and it was well integrated into the system. There was a ton of useful software out there. The blackberry stuff seems to be all about games and personal crap. The stupid smart button on the phone is in the worst possible position - try typing with the **bleep** thing and avoid the smart button. I find it impossible to avoid touching it while typing and rtiggering the stupid "say a command" Someone tell me what makes this a smart phone please. The fact that I have yet one more device that can play mp3s, take pictures and show me where the nearest restaurant is, is really not going to going to improve productivity. I am just going to have throw this thing in a drawer and get Bell to reactivate my Palm Treo. Does Blackberry make anything that does anything productive or is it all about ringtones and games.
Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Very Disappointed in new 8830

Wow! A little research up front would have saved you a lot of disappointment, money, frustration and ranting!

First, your 8830 has a camera? I don't think so. Are you even sure  you have an 8830 in your possession?

You might double check if you have an 8830 or 8330. If you have a camera on the device, it might be an 8330, in which case OS 4.5 AND DocumentsToGo is available.

Figure out what model you have first (if you can find it in that drawer) and let's go from there for the help you need.

Unless you just came to rant.

I can show you 100 posts from users that think this device is TOO productivity-oriented and not enough media oriented.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

I have no idea what your talking about. You MUST be on crack.... I had a palm treo, talk about a POS, and when I got the 8830, I absolutely loved it. I have no problems what so ever when it comes to typing on it and not hitting any key I do not want to. Maybe you have very large fingers? You also can read documents without documents to go, I have opened several. The other thing I love about the 8830 is it does not have a camera, I never use a phone camera anyways. I think you should do as the last post suggested. Make sure you know what your talking about before blasting a blackberry on things you did not research or pay attention to.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

LMAO, 8830 with a camera? Since when?

I have the 8830 and it's a great phone. I am running 4.5 and while it's not been officially released yet, I really like this phone. If I want to take a photo, I'll use my camera. I have yet to see ANY smartphone that takes decent photos. What a waste of space.

I smell a troll.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8820, Curve

Yeah, I think you are on drug or something....stop frying your brain!