Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Video Recording Caused Freeze-Up?

I just tried to record my first video and after about 12 seconds, the video froze, the time kept counting up and I had to do a "BatteryPull" - anyone else have this problem?
Regular Contributor

Re: Video Recording Caused Freeze-Up?

I had that exact same problem with my original Storm with the video recording freezing at any random time while recording...sometimes it would freeze within seconds while at other times it would freeze within minutes.  I received my replacement Storm on 12/24/08 and have not experienced the freezes while recording video...I've recorded videos in excess of an hour with zero freezes.  I'm still using OS .75 btw.

I was told that the new OS update once released by Verizon "should" correct this issue.  If the new OS release doesn't correct this issue for you, request a new device.  

Super Contributor

Does that mean that if I try to record a video again, it won't work?

Also, sometimes I am just typing and the camera turns on...?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

More than likely it will freeze again at some random point...it may be within seconds or within minutes.  That was my experience with my first Storm.  I've never experienced my camera turning on by itself.  What OS are you running?