Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900

Video formats?

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what video formats the BlackBerry Curve 8320 supports?  I'm assuming I would need to convert before using desktop manager to transfer the files to my phone but I just wanted to double check first.  Also, what program would you guys recommend using to make the conversions?

Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Video formats?

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is a list of supported file formats for the BB,

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05482&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Use the search box in the upper right corner and you can find some third party converters.

If you need more information, please ask! 

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star. 

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

how to : put a video on your Blackberry

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Yeah that link leads right to the formats supported!

Not....3 pages opening later and i get to a pdf file...

{please keep your posts courteous - Thanks!}

Supported formats for the BB is only MP4 anything else will be out of your range of ability for the most part using a basic converter!

Download a MP4 converter which will make it work on your cell...as it does on my old razr and my htc touch dual!

The Screen size surprisingly is small as hell my HTC Dual Touch has a bigger screen for all these phones do they need to resize the screen maybe lower the area between buttons and screen by a few cms to provide the spacing needed!

Hell get rid of the Qwerty Keyboard the keys are so small my little finger can not push 1 alone!..

IMO BB = **bleep**!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Halen wrote: 

Supported formats for the BB is only MP4 anything else will be out of your range of ability for the most part using a basic converter!

what do you call basic ? there are free and open source converters that can produce H.264 encapsulated in 3GP or MP4 or AVI...

same for divx6 encapsulated in AVI.

Do you need help with VirtualDub or AKKMeFFMPEG or HandBrake ? You don't even need to read the manual to use them.

Halen wrote: 

The Screen size surprisingly is small as hell my HTC Dual Touch has a bigger screen

surprising ? Can you define the word surprising ? I think the screen size is the first thing seen by an observer looking at any mobile phone. Is this a useless rant or are you trying to simply state the obvious?

Halen wrote: 

Hell get rid of the Qwerty Keyboard the keys are so small my little finger can not push 1 alone!..

yes, some people find it difficult to use pens too for the same reason.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: