Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Video formatting for BlackBerry Storm, please help

I have video's recorded on my Storm and when I try to play them back I get an error message stating it's in an unsupported format.  I've tried a lot of different things and I'm very new to BlackBerry period, can someone help me out???
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Video formatting for BlackBerry Storm, please help

Check this knowledge base - Media types supported on the BlackBerry smartphone

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

If you have recorded videos with your Storm - your Storm must playback these videos.

Otherwise it is a bug in device operating system/media player.

Contributor

I have recorded a video using my Storm a few times and everytime i try to play it back, it states that it can't support the format.  Now I'm not very tech savvy but there is a video that was pre-loaded on the Storm that was in a .mp4 and I notice that when I'm recording it's extension is .GP3.  I really could use some help in clarifying this so I can view videos that I'm recording.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

RIM has acknowledged that bug. Please read this article from the public knowledge base:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17020
Playing a video on the BlackBerry Storm smartphone
results in the error message media being played is an unsupported format

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

I have checked the link that is included in this thread and that didn't work either.  Why would BlackBerry state you can record videos but then not be able to play them back.  Is this ever going to be fixed???  Please help.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

aholmberg79 wrote:

I have checked the link that is included in this thread and that didn't work either.  Why would BlackBerry state you can record videos but then not be able to play them back.  Is this ever going to be fixed???  Please help.

I would suggest to you to transfer the video recordings to your computer for viewing until the bug is corrected in the next OS release. 

Guru I

BlackBerry devices can record videos, and then view them. I can do that. I think most people among the 1'000'000 Verizon Storm users can too.
But on some configurations including yours, there is a bug that prevents you from doing that. That's all.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

I'm having the same problem.  I recorded several videos on the same day.  Some of the videos will play, and with others I get a message saying the videos are in an unsupported format.  This is my third storm in as many months and I cannot get the videos opened.  To compound my problem, I cannot get the device to sync with the media manager.  Therefore, I can't even open the videos on the computer.  Does anyone have a solution for me?  I would not feel such frustration if these videos were just for me.  I need them for work reasons.  Thanks.
Actually... I look good in just about any color, but blue is my favorite.
Guru I

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...
HOWTO : use your blackberry as a USB device