Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Videos (Transfer to PC and emailing)

I have a BB Bold 9930.  I recently made a short video about 1 minute and 25 seconds long of my grandson eating solid food for the first time.  I tried to email it to my daughter and her husband so they could see it, however the memory is approx. 132 MB which is tremendous.  I tried calling BB support but got nowhere.  I need help please. 

1. How can I transfer it to my PC?

2. Is there a way to lower the resolution to I can email it?  132 MB for a short video is ridiculous!

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Re: Videos (Transfer to PC and emailing)

[ Edited ]

You were probably recording at high quality.

You can connect your device (9930) to your PC and transfer the video to your computer.

You can always upload the video to ge.tt (File sharing site, no cost and easy for loved ones to download videos that you can mail them the link to)

Unfortunately, the that file size exceeds the limit of attachment size. You can also try converting the file using Handbrake or another video converter. 

New Contributor

Thank you.  I will try to transfer it to my PC, although I am not that well versed with doing transfers as this is my first video with the blackberry.  I tried to call BB for support and could not reach a live person.

New Contributor

Thank you for the advice.  Have not had the chance to try to upload it to my PC yet.  I just wonder why a 1 minute and 22 second video can take up 135 MB of memory?  Is there a way to change the resloution for future vids on the BB?  BTW, I decided to upload it on YouTube so my kids can see it and it took over two hours!!

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Yes, you can change the quality of recorded videos. When you open 'Video', you can press the BB button (Menu key) and then scroll down to Video Format. You will have a choice between;

HD(1280x720) Large files

Normal(640x480) Smaller files

MMS Mode(176x144) You can use this for sending a quick video. use the better quality modes for better looking videos.

Cheers,

Ed