Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

View Hidden Pictures

OK, I have pictures that I do not want people to see that may get a hold of my phone.  So I highlighted a particular picture and hit the "menu" button, then "properties", and then I checked the box that says "Hidden".  Now I can't find it!  I have called technical support and no one can seem to figure out where the picture goes once you hide it.  It is obviously still on the phone somewhere since I didn't delete it.  I have figured out a better way by just hiding the folder, but now I want my picture back! Does anyone know how to Unhide picutures or make them viewable once they have been hidden??
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Re: View Hidden Pictures

bswansey wrote:
OK, I have pictures that I do not want people to see that may get a hold of my phone.  So I highlighted a particular picture and hit the "menu" button, then "properties", and then I checked the box that says "Hidden".  Now I can't find it!  I have called technical support and no one can seem to figure out where the picture goes once you hide it.  It is obviously still on the phone somewhere since I didn't delete it.  I have figured out a better way by just hiding the folder, but now I want my picture back! Does anyone know how to Unhide picutures or make them viewable once they have been hidden??

To get to a picture you have hidden do this:

Exploring media

1. In the media application, press the Menu key.
2. Click Explore.
3. Navigate to a folder that contains media files.
5. Press the Menu key.
6. Click Show Hidden. 

Once the hidden pictures are shown, scroll to them and go into their properties and change the hidden value.

I would think a better way of doing this would be to put all the pictures you don't want seen in a folder by themselves and then go to the Media options and deselect that folder from being seen.

Good luck!

Jamie

********************************************************************************************************
In order to help the next person with the same problem, please mark the post that solved your problem if was solved.

If I or another user have successfully helped you with an issue, please click "kudos" in their post to thank them.
New Contributor

Re: View Hidden Pictures

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  That worked perfectly.  I was on the phone with Verizon for an hour and then they got support from BB tech support which could only ask "why would he want to hide a picture?"  aaahhhhh!!!!!  Smiley Mad  I didn't get ANY help from the providor or manufactuer of this phone.  Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!  Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Re: Re: View Hidden Pictures

When I go to media options there is no where to deselect a picture folder for viewing. How do I do this?
New Contributor

Re: Re: View Hidden Pictures

I found solution to hiding Media Folders on Crackberry, posted by Quikas.

Solution- Go into the picures part of the Media app. When you get to the first screen that says Camera, Picture folders, Sample pics... hit the dotted menu button and select options. Scroll down to exclude folders and check off the folder you want to hide. You will have to repeat this if you want to make them viewable again.

New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: View Hidden Pictures

Ok... So i've figured out how to hide pics and find them again, but I can't seem to hide folders. Under the options>exclude folders all boxes are grayed out. I can't even do it when I explore and go to properties... Only works for pics. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks.
Contributor

Re: Re: Re: View Hidden Pictures

Try the free FileLock application - works great - appends lck extensions to hide pictures, etc..

New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Re: View Hidden Pictures

Thanks... I'll try that
New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: View Hidden Pictures

I tried to find FileLock, but to no avail. I'm working out of town and my only internet is my blackberry. Any other suggestions?
New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: View Hidden Pictures

First create a folder by going to "Media", "Pictures", Picture Folders", and then hit the menu key and choose "New Folder".  Once you create a new folder you can move all the pictures that you want hidden into that folder.  THEN go back to 'Menu", "Options", and go to the "Exclude Folders" tab.  The new folder you created should be there and you should be able to select it.  You cannot hide default folders that were already installed on your Blackberry (greyed out), but you can hide new folders that you create.  I hope that helps!