Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

View .psr attachment

Can anyone tell me what file association, or app, is need to open a .psr (PowerSoft Report from Sybase) file?

Using an 8830 v 4.2.2.176

We use Notes for email, and these attachments do open ok from within a Notes client. On the SmartPhone there is no 'view attachment' or 'Open' option in any of the menus.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: View .psr attachment

PSR is an image file format, just like jpeg or gif or png.

But PSR is not supported by Blackberry devices. I do not know if there is a Blackberry Application that will allow you to view that file format.

Maybe ou can ask your tool to on-the-fly convert the PSR image to PNG or GIF before sending it as attachment.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Great, thanks. I too couldn't find any documentation suggesting either support, or a workaround. We ended up just advising the sender to send in a different format.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I insist on you to ask the sender to use GIF or PNG and not JPEG, since JPEG is not efficient for images with text in it (you'll see wrinkles that made the text hard to read)

• Drawback of PNG : I don't know if it works properly with Blackberries (easy to test, though, the spec says it is compatible).
  • Drawback of GIF : you are limited to 256 colors. Hey, it's not a Playboy photograph or a rainbow picture in early morning, is it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: