Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin Media + AT&T

Virgin Media Blackberry not connecting to Wifi

So my blackberry was sent from London (my mum bought it there) and since I'm currently in the states, I'm using an AT&T pre-paid simcard. I can call, text and connect to the wifi (well, at least it says it's connected) but when I use the browser or any other app that requires wifi, it says "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later" or just doesn't connect, despite the fact it says it's connected to the wifi hotspot. However, before the phone was sent to me, my mum said she never put the virgin simcard inside and turned on the phone. Could this be the reason? If I were to turn my phone on just once using that original simcard it came with, would the wifi start working? (I haven't tried it yet as the phone was sent to me without the simcard and therefore, it's still in the UK.)

My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Virgin Media Blackberry not connecting to Wifi

Hi MiguelLDN,

It sounds like your AT&T pre-paid does not have a BlackBerry data plan associated with it. Some providers require you to subscribe to a BlackBerry data plan to use applications and features over Wi-Fi.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!