11-18-2009 01:49 PM
My 8310 is no longer getting all emails delivered from Virgin.net account. It used to get them OK up to about 6 weeks ago. I have Outlook set to leave them on the server. If I forward all the messages using virgin webmail to my vodafone mobileemail account, they all come through on the BB. Only a few get through to the BB direct from virgin, but all arrive on the PC.
Just to make it interesting I have just acquired a Bold 9000 and on a different virgin.net account and the same problem occurs on that too.
Tried deleting and re-setting up the email account on the BB, but no improvement. Help!
11-18-2009 02:43 PM
Welcome to the forums
Send service books to the phone by:
1. Logging in to your carrier's BIS site (where you setup your email)
2. Go to Help and click "Send Service Books"
Register your device on the network:
Also do a Battery Pull:
1. Remove the battery while phone is turned on
2. Wait a few seconds before inserting it again
3. Allow the long boot up process to finish (takes a few minutes usually)
This clears most software issues that occur on blackberries from time to time. You could also use Quickpull, a free app that simulates a battery pull without physically removing the battery: http://store.berryreview.com/product.asp?id=27660&
A battery pull reclaims memory lost during application usage and clears minor software errors that creep in over time. The blackberry runs an OS just like your PC runs windows and the battery pull is the equivalent of a reboot/restart on your computer.
11-18-2009 03:05 PM
Many thanks for the advice.
I have just implemented them all, but will need to wait and see if it fixes the problem.
If it does, I'll do the same with the Bold.
I'll get back to you.
11-25-2009 04:18 PM
I tried all 3 suggestions, and have monitored over several days, but still no different.
No apparent logic as to why some arrive and others don't.
I notice that this account allows me to delete on Handheld and Server when I dlete one of the few emails that does arrive, wheras the other accounts don't. Is that aclue about thetype of account?
Any more suggestions?
The same problem with another virgin Pop3 account occurs on my other blackberry Bold 9000.
11-26-2009 10:49 AM
I'm guessing you are downloading your emails to another email client such as outlook correct (since you are using pop3)? Perhaps the settings for your email client remove the email from the server after downloading the message. This may be why the blackberry service cannot retrieve the email if your email client downloads it first.
11-26-2009 12:29 PM
11-27-2009 09:36 AM
I'll check with other users for ideas
11-27-2009 10:41 AM
You could have a corrupt service book for virgin.net. Try this, in specific order to clear that service book.
1. On your BIS account login, delete the virgin.net email account from your BIS.
2. On the BlackBerry, at options > Advanced > Service Books, delete the service book entries (2) for the virgin.net email account. It appears corrupt, possibly.
3. Then reboot. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.
4. Options > Adv > Service Books, double check that NO virgin.net email service book exists.
5. Now, return to your BIS account, and setup the virgin.net email account, again, fresh.
6. Resend Service books from the BIS account.
Monitor it and see.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
11-29-2009 01:11 PM
I've deleted the account again, checked no Service Books for that account, rebooted, added the account again, but didn't get any option to send the service book. Nonetheless after closing that I checked the service books, and 2 entries had arrived for the Virgin account, a [CICAL] and [CMIME]. I presume this is correct. I'll monitor to see if any improvement.