Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry Gold 9700
My Carrier: Ufone

Virus Damaged My BB softwares, how can I upload its geniun software & recover damaged files?

It is to inform you that My System virus attacted to my BlackBerry Bold 9700 and all the data damaged but I restored it  from my Backup but I lost Applications which I downloaded from AppWorld. All the Applications like BB Appword, BB Protect etc downloaded one by one but the following built-in softwares of my device are not working:

1) New Group Contact : I opened contact folder> click manue> click New Group for creation on new group  and  add members contact but the members contact is not added in the Group folder. May be files are damaged.

2) Voice Dialing:  Voice dialing option is not opeining in my Device. May be files are damaged.

3) Help Folder : The Help folder is not available in my device Home.

4) BB Map folder is not available in my device home.

5) AppWorld Applications which I bought it but not displayed in My Word folder.

Now I have removed Virus from my system through Anti-Virus software but my Device problem is not solved. How can I upload its geniun software in BlackBerry Device?

My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: Virus Damaged My BB softwares, how can I upload its geniun software & recover damaged files?

Best option will be a fresh reinstallation of the OS...since u already have data backup, so after reinstallation, do a restore...

From next time for backups, u can do that from ur BB Protect too, its secure n there wnt be any issue of viruses...or else u can get many apps from BB app world by which u can keep a backup of ur data in ur memory card...

Good Luck... 

with regards
simply abhik...
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up...
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS; PlayBook w/OS
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Virus Damaged My BB softwares, how can I upload its geniun software & recover damaged files?

What "antivirus" software did you use to remove this alleged virus from the device? There are no viruses for the BlackBerry so I'm not quite sure what happened.

Wiping the data from the device would be a good start, followed by simply abhik's recommendation of reloading the OS after that.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!