Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Vista drivers for Blackberry Curve when connected Bluetooth.

I recently discovered how to connect my (very new) Blackberry Curve to my computer via Bluetooth. I'm running Windows Home Premium 32bit edition. The computer and the Blackberry find each other, but Windows can't find the drivers for the unit. Anyone have this problem, or better yet, a solution?
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Vista drivers for Blackberry Curve when connected Bluetooth.

Install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager from the CD. Or you can download just the USB and modem driver pack from the BlackBerry.com website.
New Contributor

I have the Blackberry Desktop Manager software installed. The problem is with Windows itself, and only when I connect Bluetooth. Windows can find the device, and sync with it, but then it asks for drivers, which it does not seem to be able to find on either of the CDs that came with my Blackberry. I can use it USB just fine, but I would really like to use it Bluetooth and not have to deal with the cable. Has anyone gotten this to work?

[ Edited ]

I am hoping to get an answer for this too please.

Message Edited by garryconn on 06-07-2008 11:31 PM

Have you figured it out.  I have the same issue....   Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  Thanks!

I even loaded the new DM....  I just can't get vista to install the bluetooth device....    Let me know if you find the drivers.

Contributor

Any solution yet?  Have not been able to find then any where. thanks
My Device: Telus Curve 8330

Seems this is a common issue Smiley Sad

I'm on Vista Business with my Curve and using the newest Desktop Manager and  Device Manager available from RIM.

Wonder how long it'll take RIM or MS to get a driver made. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!  I wish I could just connect my BB via USB cable and use it that way!

I have a curve 8300 and I'm using the 4.3 DM software.  I cannot seem to find modem drivers, and vista 32bit is not picking up my BB as having a modem...any help would be appreciated...just to save everyone some time, I've already read the following and they were of no help with this particular problem:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/19159-post1.html

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Using_BlackBerry_As_Modem

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/using-curve-modem-3591/

http://www.ehow.com/how_2298953_blackberry-curve-as-modem-laptop.html

seems everyone keeps regurgitating the same information claiming it as their own...too bad they don't know what they're talking about, or else it'd actually be helpful

Message Edited by lancelot on 07-26-2008 06:57 PM

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem. I have contacted T mobile and went through song and dance several times so far. I have also talked to Blackberry and they tell me that the Desktop manager should load the device drivers for both Bluetooth and USB cable. I have installed (I can't remember the times) the Desktop manager and reinstalls it with no luck.

I have my Desktop computer running well with the desktop manager. It is a Vista 64 bit system and even the updates work well on it. My palmtop (Samsung Q1V 32 bit) just won't find the drivers. I have tried to down load the modem drivers from the blackberry site and still no luck.

I am glad that I'm not the only one having this problem. I just don't know what to try next?

Going to the device manager under Vista it shows a USB device, but can't find any drivers.

Bob

Message Edited by Bob0a on 07-31-2008 08:23 PM
Message Edited by Bob0a on 07-31-2008 08:25 PM
New Contributor

Got 'er!

I contacted Rogers wireless, they instructed me to download their "connection manager" and install the latest desktop manager (4.5), after doing the setup on the connection manager, I ran the desktop manager, and all is well! Smiley Happy