Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: att

Visual Voice Mail UI Needs Speaker Button

I love the phone - after years using the 8800 I'm finally figuring out how to get things done as quick as the 8800 without pulling out the keyboard. Of course, for email or text the keyboard kills the virtual keyboard which is awful.

The biggest gripe I have so far is that when you get a visual voice mail and select the msg to be played, the visual voice mail screen has no speaker button on it like the phone screens do so you can switch it to the speaker instead of the handset. Doh is this just an oversight?

My wife's iphone has this ability. Other than sliding out the keyboard and hitting the "S" button there is no way to make it go to the speaker while playing back visual vmail.

This phone definitely still needs some refining. BB has always been great in that you  get dialing and emails with very few button presses. The challenge is to keep this level of usability without having to slide out the keyboard.