Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Vlingo doesn't send sms

Good morning to all,

after speeching both contact and text, i click send and after 2 seconds a message “SMS sent” appears on the screen.

When i check in sms list i can only see:

1) an empty field (neither contact nor text), like i should have started to type a message

2) a field with selected contact, but without any text

and most important thing, the sms never arrives to contact. 

I've contacted Nuance and they told me:

"

It's possible that your carrier is delaying your message delivery. I would suggest that you contact them to ensure that this is not the case.

As for the blank fields in the SMS sent box, this appears to be an issue when using BB OS 7. We have a KB article that describes similar behaviour: https://nuancemobility.zendesk.com/entries/22463901-sms-facebook-or-twitter-messages-sent-using-vlin.... Unfortunately, this is something that is controlled by RIM and not us"

Thanks for an answer

Blackberry Bold 9790 with OS 7.1 Bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714)

Vlingo 4.11.3

Contributor

Re: Vlingo doesn't send sms

[ Edited ]

Update monday, 14yh from Nuance support:

"Yes, the article mentions OS 5 and will be updated shortly to include 7. Unfortunately, as we do not control the OS, this will need to be fixed by RIM in future OS releases."

Contributor

Hi all,
any solution?
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Wind

Hi, I have same problems. Anyway, I've found that if I remove international prefix from contacts in my address book, also if both messages still remain ( green one completely void and white one, with correct recipient but not contents), Vlingo can send sms correctly. Hope it can help.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Wind

Another suggestion. If you maintain an history of sms with contacts, and remove international prefix, bug seems to disappear.....no green, no void sms. Try, regards

Contributor

[ Edited ]

it works exactly as per your both descriptions.

first post: int prefix removed, sms composed and sent, received by recipent but still appear green field, and blank field with recipient but no text....

second post: history maintained, int prefix removed, received by recipient and no green and void sms.

however i find crazy that an application like that doesn't run correctly....

Thanks ciao