Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Vodafone App automatically opening on power up

I've had my Torch now for many months (approx. 9) from Vodafone.  Last week, all of a sudden and for no apparent reason, the Vodafone app (icon looks like a SIM card with Vodafone written underneath it) automatically opens when the phone is switched on. For example: I have auto on/off enabled, so when the phone autos on - the Vodafone app is launched; or if I switch off the device using the power on/off, when the device is switched back on the app loads.

I have called Vodafone about this - they passed me to Blackberry.  I have been trying for 3 days to speak to someone at Blackberry - virtually impossible and when you do get through they immediately refer me back to Vodafone.

SO I'm wondering if anyone can help here?

Cheers

William

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Vodafone App automatically opening on power up

Powering off and back on your BlackBerry basically restores it to the same state in which it was before... same apps running.

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Vodafone should be "escalating" your issue to RIM level tech support, in which you should get a contact from RIM within 72 hours. If Voda just told you to call BlackBerry, there's no way to do that. All carrier issued escalated must be done by Vodafone, as they are the first line of support for your device.

Anyway, rebooting per my instruction should help you. Curious... just what is the app, what happens if you open or use it.. what is it for?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks JSaunders,

Should have said I already tried a battery out reboot. Also, battery&Sim out reboot.

The app launches the Vodafone menu (ie. My Vodafone+, Sport+, etc - which when selected invokes that particular Vodafone content).

Launching the app itself gives the exact same result as when it starts automatically.

I'll try Vodafone again but have to say they weren't to helpful!

Any other ideas?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You want to simply delete that app?

Opitons > Applications > scroll to it and delete.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Unfortunately, the app does not appear in Applications.  Further testing reveals that the icon is only present when a sim card is inserted.  I'm pretty sure the app/icon is Vodafone's - the fact that the icon is not there when no sim in the phone would seem to confirm this.  I will contact Vodafone again tomorrow.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

I have had the same problem for a week now. I also spoke to vodafone but no help at all!
Did u manage to sort this issue at all? If so, how?
So anoying keep hitting one of the options when getting phone from pocket. Appreciated
Contributor

Still no fix and still no help from Vodafone.

The problem is an update to 6.0 Bundle 2475 (v6.0.0.546, Platform 6.6.0.207).  Apparently there is a further update which fixes the issue but it has not yet been official released.

This is a known issue by Vodafone and RIM but they seem very reluctant to fix it - I don't know why???

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

Thanks for the update! Do you also know if you get charged if you happen to click on one of the services? Iv managed to do it several limes retrieving my phone from my pocket.
Really anoying me now. Will probably keep on to vodafone I think
Contributor

You're welcome.  Sorry I don't know about charging - you could easily check this by dialing 191.

I will be telephoning Vodafone technical support in the next weeks or so.  If I get any more info I'll post it here.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

We've looked around a bit and asked some questions and it appears that both Vodafone and RIM are now aware of the problem.  It also appears that RIM will be incorporating a fix in a future update.  There's no timeline for that yet, so be patient and we'll try to update you on it when we hear anything about it.

Hopefully that clears things up for you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.