Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Canada
Accepted Solution

Voice Chat

I have a Torch 9810 and I am having a problem with Voice Chat. I have never used it, but somehow two of my BBM contacts are showing the green icon on the top right corner when I am BBM'ing them. How do I remove voice chat from those contacts. I am being charged by my provider for something I am not using.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Voice Chat

You can't remove it. It's a feature of BBM. You are not charged extra by your mobile provider. If you pay for BB services that includes BBM and includes voice chat. Besides, you must be on WiFi for the voice chat icon to turn green and work on the 9810 anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Thanks for responding so quickly.. I'm not sure I understand though, Why do my other BBM contacts not show the icon, even though I am on WiFi.
Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Because the other BB user must have the most recent version of BBM installed that includes voice chat AND they have to be on wifi, or, on some devices and carriers, 4G.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!