Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Voice Dialing on the 8350i

Alright, let me preface this by saying I never believed in the all-in-one cell phone tht seems to do everything except make calls, plus i need direct connect for work.  I was happy with my phones that only make calls and did direct connect.  When Nextel put the Blackberry on sale and I paid less for it than I did the last time I bought a regular flip phone I figured what the hell, I'll check it out.  I've had it for 3 weeks now and I love it.  Blackberry has a customer for life.  Now to my problem.

I have absolutely no idea of how to get my voice dial to work.  I have it setup in options->voice dialing but i have no idea if there is somewhere else i have to enable it or if I have to download some software or what.  My main reason is because I have a jawbone 2 bluetooth headset that I have to use while driving.  I hit the call button on the bluetooth but nothing happens.  With my old flip phone I'd hit the call button and it would prompt me to speak a name by beeping at me, but not with my Blackberry.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Voice Dialing on the 8350i

Nevermind, I figured it out.  It had nothing to do with the Blackberry, I was trying to initiate the voice dialing the way I would have done it with the original Jawbone, I forgot they changed it for the Jawbone 2.  So it was me being dumb and not knowing how to use my own devices.  And if anyone cares, the Jawbone headsets are amazing.  $60 on Ebay for a NIB Jawbone 2.  I have been going down the Highway going 80MPH and the noise assasin killed all the wind noise and the caller said I just sounded a little quiet but they could hear nothing but my voice and it was crystal clear.  Highly recommend.